Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sultry and Sexy at Santa Monica Pier

As I have told you before, I will spoil you with photos that I think capture something special. Many of these photos are not even in any of my galleries and have never been released, but are in my private stock. This one grabbed my attention because it epitomizes what I have always strived for, both as an athlete and a physique artist. And that is, sensual form and sexy curves and lines, but also a functional and aesthetic figure. My roots are in sport, training as a swimmer, track athlete, volleyball player, and a lot of other things in between. I was obsessed with strength and, later, form when I was a young girl. I can still remember the first time I ever lifted a weight, I was about 13 years old, and the volleyball coach told us to go through the Nautilus circuit a couple times. I would spend 1/2 a day there going through it several times and dabbling in free weights. It wasn't long before I was able to bench press 135 pounds at 15 years old--for repetitions. I then saw some photos of Rachel McClish and Cory Everson, and I knew immediately that one day, I would develop my body to that level. That is why this photo has so much significance to me, because it reminds me of my dream in my mind's eye of what I wanted to look like. And, I also thought that women with muscle were beautiful, and if they could retain the pleasing lines and most significantly, facial beauty, it was the height of perfection. So, I knew that after my first few bodybuilding shows, I had surpassed my dreams, and that is a great feeling. When this happens, one can only keep dreaming about pushing the genetic boundaries of one's frame as far as strength, functionality and aesthetic. With proper timing of meals, a high quality diet in wild game and vegetables, rest, and a few other factors, I think a very high quality of life can be achieved. I also believe that you must surround yourself with positive people that can enhance your outlook on life. Great friends, lovers, and family are key. I also advocate lots of good, healthy sex, (with yourself or a partner) but obviously with a partner, it's always better! And, please do not forget a little red wine, and I will throw a little vodka in there on the weekends in moderation. You must breathe heavily and deeply every day, either through your training, cardio, sex, meditation or other means. What's left? Deep breathing connects your energy to the Universe and makes you feel more alive. Ever notice how great you feel after great sex, cardio, training, or an adrenaline rush? Or the natural high of life you get by helping other people feel good about themselves in some way. I think we need to ensure that we get our own healthy dose of oxygen and endorphins daily--it does a body good and puts a smile on your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment