Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home, Albuquerque, New Mexico

Saskia and me at the Arnold Classic, 2008. Sometimes, I will just pick random photos to post on this blog, that probably have nothing to do with my journal, but more likely that I just plain like the photo. I like this one, because we just exchanged some small chit chat as to how we were about to conquer the massive crowd, but for some odd reason, our eyes simultaneously shifted downward to our chests. We both look pretty intent, and I thought it was a cute photo.

I think it takes me longer to recover from my NYC trips than to California and Las Vegas. For one, the trip is about 4.5 hours in the air from Albuquerque to NYC. The weather is always great in Vegas and Cali versus going back east, as sometimes, you never know what you are going to get. So, dear readers, if you will forgive me again on the delay posting to the blog. I plan on staying home all the way up until the end of September, which is only just six short weeks away, when I will venture over to Europe in October. I have been crazy busy the past week just trying to get back in the gym, which I have done diligently, not missing a day, and hitting my cardio and eating clean. I have also sent the new website design off to the webmaster, who will begin working on it this week. In the meantime, I will be back at the drawing board farming out my editing projects, and working with my good friend, Dave, who has been magnificent in holding my hand and getting me squared away with all my technology and is a brilliant graphic designer, as I have mentioned before. Really, I am grateful for him, and I don't know what I would do without him. Once the redesign is done, it will all just be a matter of producing content and editing and polishing the footage and stills for the site. It's all so exciting to me! For the past three years since I resigned my federal position, I have been consumed about my work, and now, all my hopes and dreams are finally coming to fruition.

I am also thrilled to travel to Europe, and I have decided to do a Mediterranean tour. I plan on my point of entry to be London, then off to Greece, Italy, Turkey, and I am going to try to squeeze Amsterdam in the middle. I have never been to Italy, nor have I ever been to Turkey, so it ought to be an interesting experience.

So, between the website, webcam performances, training, and preparing for my European trip, it leaves little time for much else. But, I would not have it any other way.

Enjoy Life--Carpe Diem my friends!
Amber Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment