Sunday, August 2, 2009

Recovering from Las Vegas


The lovely Nikki Fuller, and yours truly, Amber Steel, at the NPC USA Bodybuilding Championships, July 25, 2009.

I know it has been quite a while since my last post, so please forgive me. Sounds like the beginning of a Catholic confession, no? Well, in a way, this blog is a confession of my life to you. And, I reveal some fun, personal things about me that you would not ordinarily know about me. And, I like being intimate, honest, and forthcoming about everything I do in life. I realized a long time ago, there is no other way to live.

The trip to California was a good one, and then, finally up to Vegas to the USAs. I turned 42 on July 26th, and I have never felt better than I do now. Luckily, I have some great anti-aging genes, my good oily skin, the Indian blood I suppose, and clean healthy living. I don't smoke, never have, only the good stuff sometimes, I drink lots of good red wine, and my fair share of vodka and tequila (funny how I resist the alcoholism gene), have lots of great sex, enjoy life, and do not worry or stress out about much. Oh yes, and laughing a lot helps, too. And, so does having pets or something to take care of. Since I do not have any children, and do not plan on it, my three cats keep me busy enough, and are the perfect low maintenance animals for me.

My friend, Angie Salvagno took the light heavyweight class, at the USA Championships, and rightly so; her conditioning was spot on, and no one was even close to her. She will make her pro debut this weekend in Tampa. It's hard to believe that she just had a baby less than a year ago, too! When I visited her in Florida back in December, she told me a surprise that she did not want me to tell anyone. That was, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in August of 2008! In December, she was nearly back to her normal off season weight, and you could not tell she had given birth at all! An amazing woman. Well, we did not get a chance to work, due to her win and other commitments, but we will work in the near future, after her shows are over. She really is a fun girl, and one of my favorite bodybuilders, and I am glad she was awarded her pro card finally. I remember in my very first national level show, when I met her in 2003, I remember watching her in the pump room backstage and admiring her physique and conditioning. If you log into my site, you will see our first wrestling scene ever, which gets, ahem, very steamy shall we say! LOL. We are just girls wanting to have fun, as Cyndi Lauper sang.

I did get to see my friend, Nikki Fuller briefly at the show, as you can see we are in the lobby of the venue. We did not get to hang out as much as we wanted to, due to her personal obligations as well, but we always enjoy the time we do spend together.

All in all, I had a very relaxing and nice birthday in Vegas, despite the fact that I did not get as much filming done as I wanted, however, as anyone in our industry knows, that's just how the cookie crumbles, and it's always hard to shoot girls when they are competing or have other obligations at a big show. I know the feeling; I have been there and done that. A lot of times, I am so busy I never get to the big dance. Such is life a a bona fide Muscle Goddess, right? Makes a poor girl feel like Cinderella, but that's okay. I would not have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment