Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back Shot

Just thought I would share my backshot with you that I had taken yesterday in the gym. I had a great back training day. I started out with a couple sets of pull ups, followed by some bent over rows, in which I went up to 205 and pulled pretty clean without cheating. I had two training partners I was assisting, so they just followed me. We went on to do an assortment of machine rows and pulls and called it a day. I always finish off now with some RKB swings and snatches at the end of every workout since I will focus on preparation for the RKB certification in April, 2010. I am already snatching 20kg for 15 each hand, and I think I will be able to increase the repetitions provided I do it regularly. I definitely feel like I am getting stronger in everything. I met my one friend, Jess in the gym, who competed in the Ms. Figure America show last weekend in Las Vegas. I wanted to try to catch her show, but missed it. When I saw her in the gym, she told me she placed 2nd! I was so excited and happy for her. She landed quite a few shoots with photogs from Oxygen Magazine and she did a mock up covershoot. I have no doubt she will grace the cover one day very soon. I met her when she was about 15 years old when I first came to Albuquerque, NM to work for the BIA. I used to eat breakfast at The Range Cafe, where she was a waitress. I always remember her chatting with me and asking me questions about training. She was so thin in those days, and played a lot of soccer. She certainly has come a long day since those days, and it makes me smile inside to know that in some small way, I perhaps motivated and inspired her. My training bud, Jason, snapped this photo, and Jess popped by to say hello. Her and her boyfriend asked me to pose once again, so of course, I spread my wings for them...LOL! We had a nice, brief chat about training and diet and we were off to eat. I grilled a bunch of chicken and had a nice salad with feta cheese, tomato and a glass of red wine. Yummy! I did not eat enough protein or food at all. It's always bad when I get on these nocturnal schedules because I end up sleeping in which cuts into my food time and I end up skipping meals. This week, though, back to the normal schedule and eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment